Sunday 16 February 2014

Valentines 2014

Hello there;

A couple of days late, but this is a what I did for valentines. 
Sorry now for the bad quality photos I had to use my iPhone while I was out. With the rain and wind I didn't fancy taking the big boy camera out and about. 

Myself and Palmer travelled all the way up to York. I make that sounds like ages, but its only 90ish minutes away from us. I have been to York when I was younger but can't really remember it. So we took this chance for some exploring! 

We parked up in the designer outlet and caught the park and ride into York, id recommend doing this as it is free to park and its only like £6 for two people return. Bargain if you ask me.

After a quick bus ride into York we went on the hunt for food! York is a historical city and we didn't really fancy popping into your average food chains. So the hunt went on for a decently priced little pub or something to that extent.

After a hour of walking around we came across a little restaurant up an alley called "Ate O Clock". And boy oh boy were we glad we found this place.


The burgers were actually HUGE. That big you couldn't physically pick them up and eat them. Knifes and forks came into action on this bad boy. And the taste was amazing, I wasn't so struck on the chips as they were double cooked. But the burger totally made up for it. 

I would 100% recommend this place, not too expensive and the food is top notch!
Click here for the link to the website.

Once we had paid up and got back wrapped up, it was time to go exploring. 

York Minister
Now I am a little bit of a history geek, I say it loud and I say it proud. And I was really looking forward to having a look around the York Minister. But £15 for a tour EACH!? Sorry guys but for a couple who are trying to save for a house. That ain't happening. Maybe next time ay Palmer? 
-flutters eyelashes-

Myself and Palmer then we window shopping, I stepped foot in my first Jo Malone shop. OMG. All the smells. If it wasn't for Palmer being there I probably would have spent £40 on a candle. But I restrained and I am quite proud of myself. We went walking around the market and ended up spending nearly £9 on fudge.... More on that later.

Maybe it is just me but I can't go somewhere without buying at least one thing. So I took Palmer into the Whittard shop just off the market area. I have been dying to try the white hot chocolate for some time now. But when walking in I was faced with a handful of other flavours to try. We ended up getting 4. Normal hot chocolate, caramel, 70% cocoa and white. All for £15.50 which I saw as a good deal and I can't wait to try them out! 

Taken on the bus
On the way back to the car, you saw the damage that the bad weather has done to the local area. It was a really surreal thing to see as I have only seen the floods on the TV. Be careful to all of you that have been affected by the floods, and I hope it all get sorted for you soon :(

I make it no secret that my boyfriend is a fantastic cook. So every valentine he cooks me whatever I want. (Granted he does most days of the week). And I wanted steak! So steak is what I got.


Steak, Palmers amazing homemade wedges, salad and peppercorn sauce. My favourite! It was so yummy, I did get a photo of him cooking, but he begged me not to put it up. Can't anger the person that feeds me now can I?!

 Mmmmm archers & lemonade
Once we were all washed up and put away it was time to snuggle up and watch a movie and a few drinks. About Time was the film choice this night. And guys if you haven't seen it, go watch it. Such a good film. I am not going to say anymore on that as I don't want to ruin it.

Peanut Butter fudge
Half way through the film, we cracked out that expensive fudge. It wasn't just any fudge we had flavoured. Peanut butter, another nutty one, skittles, vimto, red bull, malteaser, banana and one plain fudge piece. All pretty nice apart from vimto, urghhh. I am currently munching on my last piece as I type this up. 

The rest of the night consisted of drinks and singing along to YouTube. Our poor neighbours. All in all it was a lovely day spent with someone who I love. 

What did you do for Valentines?
Leave me a comment below.

Sian
xo

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Awwh. what a lovely valentines day you had :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! And that food looks a-mazing!

    www.stephellis531.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh so many good foods was eaten that day!!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. that burger looks ah-may-zing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £150 high-end skincare giveaway on my blog here, if you fancy entering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely day! And the food looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Love your blog!
    Would you like to follow for a follow? just let me know on my blog:)

    heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to taste Palmer's amazing cooking! I'm coming round soon - kthx!

    rosecharli.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this was such a nice post :) I'm glad that you had such a great day :)x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig