Friday 23 May 2014

MAC Viva La Glam VI

Hello there;

This is my final MAC lipstick post for a while... or maybe not. Who knows :p
Anyhow this is another MAC lipstick I got off Cohorted, and I got Viva La Glam VI for £9! That is £4 cheaper than usual. Seriously guys, if you haven't checked out Cohorted before now, GO DO IT RIGHT NOW.



Viva La Glam VI, is a completely different colour to what I would usually go for. I am red girl. But at £9 it was a steal so I thought why the hell not. 

This is a Lustre lipstick, which means it has a demo-sheer, with a slight wet look finish. Now I am completely new to this game. I love me a matte lipstick. I love the pay off on them. With the Lustre, I find them a little too sheer for me. 

Slightly red lips from Russian Red, sorry guys.
As you can see above. It just looks clear. I was expecting this to be a lot darker on my lips. Sadly I was mistaken. 

I however do like this for a non make up, make up day. It does add a nice shine to my lips and there is a tiny weeeeeny bit of colour. If you catch it in the right light. So it is not a complete write off. 

Have you used Viva La Glam VI before?
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.

- Don't forget about my giveaway I am hosting at the moment. It's nearly closing!! Click here to enter -



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I actually had this problem with a MAC lipstick I brought online years ago, but I cannot for the life of my remember what it was called! It was a lustre one, I assumed it would be quite pink on my lips, but it was just pretty much clear! Shame :(

    Charli | https://twitter.com/_rosecharli/status/469776512120397824

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame!! Still a pretty colour :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about the lustre ones being a bit of a let down in terms of colour pay-off! I'm definitely a matte girl too. I think Viva Glam I is more up our street!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try that one out!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely on you! A totally different colour to what I was expecting for some reason haha!

    Ooh by the way, I've tagged you in my '5 product face' post! Let me know if you give it a go, it's not easy haha!

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was you expecting?!

      I will check that out :D!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. Oh wow what an amazing bargain! I need to check them out for sure! It looks lovely on you Sian xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do Gemma! You will not be disappointed!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  5. Looks a different colour when applied. LOVE it, going to have to try it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out cohorted, such a bargain price. This looks like a lovely everyday colour. Great post!
    Adele x
    acesparklestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig