Saturday 17 May 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter

Hello there;

Are you like me? Scared of using cleansing balms?
Too scared to take the plunge and use something oily on your face? 
Well look no further, I have a great start cleaning balm which WILL change your skin care routine.



Im sure you have all seen blog posts on this before. But I really don't care. I want to tell you my thoughts on this little round tin of amazingness.

Now I don't have anything to compare this too, but I have read several other blogs where people have used the Clinique Take The Day Off, then used this and said it is just as good. So I will take this as a good thing. 

The Camomile Cleansing Butter I feel is a great starter cleansing balm. It is a lot cheaper than the other well know cleansing balms e.g. Clinique, Emma Hardie and Elemis. It is only £12 a tub and I have used it loads and hardly made a dint really. As you can see below.


I use this mostly when I am in the shower. I wet my face using a hot cloth, scoop a little of the balm onto my finger. Melt it down a touch in-between my finger tips and then massage it all over my face. Including my eyes.  Now I wouldn't recommend opening your eyes with this on. In my experience it doesn't hurt but I get like a blurry film over my eyes. Blatantly this balm is trying to cleanse my eyes. But we all know that won't work.

To take it off, I get my hot cloth again place it on my face. Leave it there for a 30 seconds and then wipe away the excess. It is next to impossible not to feel your face after. Oh the smoothness. 

The balm itself smells lovely, it is a really fresh scent that doesn't really linger on the skin. Which I wouldn't mind. But its no biggey. 

I was starting to get really oily especially in my T zone. But since using the Camomile Cleansing Balm I seem to be less oily there. They do say oils can balance themselves out if you use an oil based product on that area. I am now a believer! 

What other cleansing balms do you recommend? 
Let me know in the comment section below.

- Don't forget I have a Giveaway running right now. Click here to enter! - 

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I love this cleansing balm, like you say your face just feels so soft afterwards! Smells lovely too and l've had mine for ages and hardly made a dent in it!! Lasts ages. Adele x acesparklestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impressed with it! Defiantly one product I will keep using :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. This sounds great! i need to try this when i run out of the Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the next ones I want to try :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. Yep I'm one of those who is scared to try a balm but this does sound good, especially as you've noticed your skin not getting as oily, may need to check it out! xx

    http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Julie, it is worth it! I am currently trying to get my mum in on it :P

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. I really need to give cleansing balms a go, this one looks lovely!

    Jordan x
    twohundredorless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I'll have to try this. I normally stick to their Vitamin E range but I may have to branch out! And also, don't think I've said this before (but if I have I'll be quiet haha) but your photography is so good!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth branching out for :)! And thank you Belle!! Mean so much :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  6. Ohhh I need this in my life!! I love the body shop, but didn't even know this existed! I love cleansing balms so would love to try this! Thanks for sending your link in the chat last night gorgeous xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I introduced you too it :) Hope you like it as much as I do.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  7. Oh this sounds lovely! Need to remember to include it in my next Body Shop order! Loving the new blog layout by the way chick :) xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ill remind you :) And I love it :D!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig