Monday 11 August 2014

Happy 1st Birthday

Hello there;

1 year ago today, I sat on my sofa in my home and thought;
"Today I am going to start my own blog".

A year later I am sat again on my sofa in my home and thinking;
"Where the hell has that year gone?!".

Yes Sian Marie Beauty is 1 year old today! If you have been here from the start I am sure you can remember my blog looking like this;

Sian Marie Beauty
I thought it was the cutest thing going! And if you want to read my first post, click here.
As you can see from it, I had NO clue. But a girls gotta learn.

In fact in the back end of 2013, I didn't have a schedule. I posted as and when I wanted. My photos were taken on my iPhone or compact camera and any old photo would do. My posts wasn't really thought out. When 2014 came around, after a month off over Christmas I decided to sort my head out and do this properly.

In came my 2nd layout.

Sian Marie Beauty

I loved this layout, it was cute and PINK. I love pink. I had this layout for ages.

I started to schedule my posts to every other day. My photos got better, I started using my boyfriends DSLR. Photoshop soon became my best friend to tweak them. I did my first ever giveaway! It was a massive success, so much better than I would have even imagined. My little internet space was growing and I was loving every second of it.

And now a year on my layout has changed again to EXACTLY what I want. Clean, easy to read and use and of course a hint of pink thrown in there. I have over 400 followers, nearly 700 on twitter, nearly 600 on instagram and everyday it is growing. 

I have met some of the most amazing people through doing my blog, Kenzie, Belle, Julie, Hannah, Sarah to just name a few. 

Thank you for being a part of my blog. I still love writing on here and interacting with you all. Lets see what the next year brings! 


SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Congratulations! Happy Blog Birthday! ��

    Hollie xx

    www.lovedbyhollie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy first blog birthday! Well done, keep up the hard work chick


    Abby xx || whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you hun! I have just followed you on BL! Keep up the hard work :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st Birthday bloggy! It's a beautiful blog miss & you should be very proud, I love reading your posts (and although I said I would yesterday…) today I'll be have a stalk of your blog & commenting on as many posts, be ready for emails hehe. I'm also putting your blog button on my blog right now!?


    -sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwh thank you sweetie!! I am proud of it! Also proud of myself for keeping it up :p


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww happy 1 year blogging birthday! It's crazy to look back at old photos and blog layouts isn't it? It just shows how much your blog has grown! I really like your current layout too and can see it now staying like this! I look forward to seeing how much your blog grows over the next year too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gonna be exciting times :D!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 1 year blogging, I've only just started my blog and it literally is the same as your first layout, if my blog turns out even half as good as yours, I will be pleasantly surprised x

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1st birthday to your blog! Really enjoyed reading this and seeing how your blog has grown!

    The Velvet Black // UK
    Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your 1st 'blogiversary' :) it's so lovely that we have our own blogging community and I've loved being a part of it for the little time that I have <3


    Meg | meg-says.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely thing to say Jess! Keep working hard and you will probably be even better than me :D!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much sweetie :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Meg :) I adore the blogging community, such wonderful people :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy first birthday! I'm always jealous of your products xx

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig