Thursday 4 September 2014

Lush Spa Experience - My First Event

Hello there;

A few weeks ago I had one of the most exciting emails in my entire life. Lush had contacted me about going to a bloggers evening at the store in Meadowhall. Now as you are fully aware, I LOVE Lush. I received this email just as I walked through the door after an absolute rubbish day at work. I was in my kitchen and practically jumped up and down in excitement. The 31st August was fast approaching and it hit me. I won't know anyone there. Now I am a confident person usually this wouldn't bother me. But for some reason I started to panic. But with help from Georgina from She Might Be Loved, who works in that branch, sent a tweet out to see who was going. I quickly I had a reply for the lovely Becky who blogs over at The Little Blog Of Beauty. Who asked me if I wanted to meet up before hand. I am so thankful to her for this as it kept my nerves at bay.

When we arrived to the Lush store, it looked shut. The shutter was down, no lights where on. For a couple of minutes everyone was was waiting looked puzzled. But this mystery was soon resolved when we saw someone lighting candles. Soon after we could hear Charlie and The Chocolate Factory music being played. I love that film so to hear that was very enjoyable. We were greeted by 3 very welcoming faces. I wish I wrote their names down now, I am so sorry ladies. But you were all lovely. 


After having a lovely drink of an Orange and Raspberry infused water, there was a quick introduction of what was going to happen that evening. There was 3 difference Lush Spa experiences for us to try. The Spell, The Comforter and the Validation Facial. Before I go into them, ill pop my pictures up so you can see how amazing the store looked. It was dark inside, so that's why my photos aren't as bright as usual.


The lovely little baskets we all received with a couple of goodies inside! 

Validation Facial Station

The Comforter Experience


Sadly I forgot to get a photo of The Spell. How I over looked this I have no idea. :(

I chose to go for the Comforter experience. Fully because of the name. This entailed my arms being having a scrub (again forgot the scrub, next time make notes Sian!!) on them to remove all of the dead skin cells, a shower smoothie, Turkish Delight to remove the scrub and finished off with a body conditioner Ro's Argan to make my skin even softer. All whilst being massaged including a final massage at the end with a massage bar, I had on one arm Strawberry Fields and on the other, I have no idea again. I am rubbish at this I know, but come on it was my first ever event forgive me please?!.  The lady who did this was so friendly and VERY knowledgeable. We didn't run out of anything to talk about and I loved asking her questions and finding more out about Lush itself as a brand. 

After I had my experience I walked around the store and looked at everything. Have you ever noticed when ever you go in on the day time, there is always someone stood exactly where you want to be? Well when there is only 9 of you in the store this isn't a problem. I really enjoyed being able to walk around and not worrying about being in the way. I also really enjoyed watching the other girls having there  experiences done. Here is Jemma (her blog is Bamboozle Beauty) having her Comforter done.


We all agreed that the experiences where absolutely incredible. At the end of the event we got a chance to buy a few bits if we wanted too. Well helllllo of course I do ;)! As well as the items I brought we also got a few goodies and freebies. 


As you saw above we had our own little boxes and this was mine, how cute is it! Defiantly going to keep this for as long as I can! 


Inside we got a Big Blue bath bomb, I have never used this guy before. So I can't wait to have a bath and throw him in! And we also got Full Of Grace which is a solid facial serum. Again I have never used this, so really excited to see the results.


These three pots are the samples that I received from the evening. Again, I have never used any of these and I cannot wait to smoother my body in them. Especially Ro's Argan Body Conditioner after seeing everyone go on about it. 


Finally the items I brought myself. Of course a Comforter, I never make a Lush purchase without it. I got a Sex Bomb bath bomb because right now, I adore it. I also got the Tea Tree Toner Water, I have never used this but wanted to give it a go. I got the big bottle because the way I see it, go big or go home! I also got the Fizzbanger bath bomb but that isn't for me sadly. 

All in all, I had a fantastic evening and really hope I get the chance to do it again! It was great meeting all of the girls there. Hope to see you all soon :)

Have you ever been to a Lush Spa?!

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. What a lovely event, it sounds so much fun! :D


    www.stylesunrise.co.uk


    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep a look out on your local stores twitter :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I would love to go to a Lush event one day! ^ v ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous that you had the chance to go to this event AND they contacted you :( So glad you enjoyed it though!

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm so pleased you had a good time! It looks fab! I wish i could have attended my local one the other week but I'm going to make sure I'm free on their next one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a lovely event! I need a trip to Lush soon - must stock up on bath stuff for winter haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defiantly try and get to your next one! They are so worth going too :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right! I adore going in there.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im sure you will be going to one soon :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always have next week ;)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig