Friday 20 March 2015

GUEST POST: Splurge, Spend & Save: Purple Lips.

 photo Mac MUA amp Makeup Rev.jpg  photo MAC MUA amp MR.jpg

Hello beauties, Sarah from Time To See The Stars here. I've slightly stolen Sian's blog for today! 
(Who's the most amazing girl, and you should remember that).

And today, I'm taking over Sian's blog with a little comparison review of THREE purple lipsticks. Three from my own collection which I believe are very much similar in colour, and as the prices range with these it's a little splurge, spend & save review...which slightly makes me feel like I'm doing a segment for a morning tv show (something I'd never thought I'd consciously do). So with my lipstick collection being quiet ever growing lately, I feel a post like this is some what necessary to do!



 photo MAC - Flat Out Fabulous.jpg

Splurge
 Well with being a mac product, this obviously is considered a splurge. It wasn't until recently I've become more and more hyped up on this High End brand. I actually purchased this a couple months ago as a WELL DONE gift to myself for graduating. With any of these colours I find I have to feel daring when I wear them. A little light with the eye makeup and this shade for that pop of colour. This shade I ordered online and thought would be a much different shade of purple, whereas it has much more pink tones than I originally thought. The formula of this is retro matte, which compared to other matte can be very drying but in all honestly I feel this helps the shade stay on for a little while longer.

 photo MUA - Criminal.jpg

Spend
I've had this for almost a year now and barely worn it more than twice. Out of the three this shade is obviously the brightest and definitely more towards pink than it does purple. Just like Flat out fabulous, this is a matte finish...however, this is so much drying than the MAC. For any one who wants to know one application will last all day, well this is the lip shade you need, but be prepared for  an uncomfortably drying feeling. Honestly I took this off seconds after taking this photo as it just irritates my lips once it's dried, urgh! I just wish I could wear this as again it's such a daring colour for me I wish I could wear it so much more!

 photo MAKEUP REV - CRIME.jpg

Save 
Sadly in terms of my lipstick collection, this has become one that stays at the bottom of the list. Not for any other reason than I've forgotten about it. I adore how subtle this colour is, how I could work on a heavy eye-shadow colour and still be able to wear this comfortably. The sad truth, this is very much like a lip gloss...for most people that may be something they love. But I prefer the formula of a lipstick to have a little wear to it and for me to know I can get away with not having to re-apply half an hour later.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the colours of each of these. Personally I wouldn't repurchase Criminal, I may purchase Crime as a budget by because at £1 I don't have much to loose and I better start saving up now if I ever need to repurchase Flat Out Fabulous...but would be totally worth it. Lately I've completely converted to the MAC side, I've been a fan for only little over a year but that was just lipsticks and now I'm expanding to trying more products which is so exciting.

So I hope my little post helps you guys & girls choose your next purple shade. Which everyone could do with a purple shade in their life, I may not be the most exciting person in the world and the thought of bright lipsticks on myself scares me, I'm glad I have these in my collection for those INCASE days.

Follow Me On: Twitter | Instagram | Blog Instagram | Bloglovin | YouTube | Etsy




Please do go follow Sarah, I adore this girl too much! 

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the colour of Criminal but it sounds so uncomfortable to wear! I'm not quite brave enough to regularly rock a purple lip yet so Flat Out Fabulous is a little bit out of my price range xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MAC Flat Out Fabulous looks gorgeous. I have MAC Violetta and I absolutely love it. It's so bright and vibrant!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinéad Danielle ✿20 March 2015 at 20:41

    I too am a much bigger fan of the formula and finish of lipsticks...not completely sold on the whole liquid lipstick thing yet!


    Sinéad
    xo
    fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig